This guide will show you how to set up osTicket to work with your new Helpdesk Buttons.
Create Your API Keys¶
Once you are logged in as an Admin. Click on Admin Panel in the top-right.
Now click API Keys under the Manage tab.
We will need to create two API Keys. For each key, click Add New API Key and fill out the form
osTicket requires API Keys be paired with IP addresses. Helpdesk Buttons servers are located at:
Let’s Label these as Key1 (126.96.36.199) and Key2 (188.8.131.52)
Anti-Virus and AntiMalware¶
It is not always necessary, but we recommend whitelisting the helpdeskbuttons installation folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Helpdesk Button). We regularly submit our code through VirusTotal to make sure we are not getting flagged, but almost all AV/M interactions cause some sort of failure. Webroot in particular can cause issues with screenshots.
Advanced Integration Options¶
This is the list of variables that can be accessed when using the Custom Rules.
- priority refers to the ticket priority (Urgent, Low, ect)
- alert alerts staff to ticket creation or not
- message refers to the message the client typed when making the ticket
- subject refers to the ticket title
- append refers to the information appended to the HDB report
- selections refers to the checkboxes/radio buttons the client chose when creating the ticket
- name refers to the client’s name
- email refers to the client’s email
- ip refers to the client’s external ip address
- mac refers to the client’s MAC address
- hostname refers to the client’s hostname