To start you will need to set up a contact that uses the email address of “email@example.com” for the purposes of catching any unregistered users.
Navigate to Callers and Click New
The only really important part is the email address. Feel free to name it anything you feel comfortable with.
Anti-Virus and AntiMalware¶
It is not always necessary, but we recommend whitelisting the helpdeskbuttons installation folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\Helpdesk Button). We regularly submit our code through VirusTotal to make sure we are not getting flagged, but almost all AV/M interactions cause some sort of failure. Webroot in particular can cause issues with screenshots.
Advanced Integration Options¶
This is the list of variables that can be accessed when using the Custom Rules.
- impact and urgency set priority via the SLA priority matrix
- incidentState refers to the ticket status (New, In Progress, etc)
- type refers to the issue type (Service Request, Incident, Problem, Alert)
- message refers to the message the client typed when making the ticket
- short_description refers to the ticket title
- append refers to the information appended to the HDB report
- source refers to the ticket source (Web Portal, P, )
- priv_append allows you to append information to the internal ticket note
- selections refers to the checkboxes/radio buttons the client chose when creating the ticket
- contactName refers to the client’s name
- email refers to the client’s email
- ip refers to the client’s external ip address
- mac refers to the client’s MAC address
- hostname refers to the client’s hostname
- issue refers to the primary ticket issue
- subissue refers ro the secondary ticket issue